Sunday, April 08, 2007

Coming Soon...

With 2/3 of the Mermaids out of state (one in the desert, the other on a tropical island), things have been a tad unusual in DiscoLand. There hasn’t been a Brainstorm Meeting in a few weeks…or even a Brainstorm Phone Call.

But there’s still been a ton of exciting things going on. While camping, Robin got a very encouraging phone call from her agent (she had to stand atop a rock to keep the signal). Jay got what’s called a Spectacular E-Mail from his editor. But neither of these bits o’ news can be shared just yet. Which means, yes, we’re extremely cruel for even bringing them up. (But don’t worry, we won’t even mention the Chicago lawyer who contacted us on Thursday.) Oh, and Eve went to a luau with a real live pig. Well, it was real…but there was absolutely nothing live about it.

Later this week, two more cool things will be happening. One for us…and one for you.

For us: On Saturday, we’ll be attending the Los Angeles SCBWI Writer’s Day (anyone else going?). Among those speaking will be two of our favorite bloggers: Lisa Yee and Cheryl Klein!

For you: Before the end of the week, we’ll announce a contest to win an Advance Reading Copy of Thirteen Reasons Why. The only reason we’re not announcing the contest right now is that we haven’t gathered all the prizes…and we haven’t settled on the type of contest.

10 comments:

Greg Pincus said...

I would like to pre-emptively enter and win the contest. Thanks. And since I'll be at Writer's Day, you can give me the prizes there!

See you then....

Lisa Yee said...

Looking forward to seeing you!!!

SilberBook-Blog said...

You tease!

I'm sleeping next to the keyboard until you post...or that's what I'm telling my wife anyway!

alan

CJ Omololu said...

Such a cyber-tease. Not fair.

I got my Newbery Jewels tote today and it is the most fabulous accessory! Goes with everything and handy too.

LindaBudz said...

Agents and editors and lawyers, oh my! And as if that isn't enough to keep us coming back, you announce the long-awaited ARC contest. I do hope those LA SCBWI folks have you talking about "How to Hook Your Blog Readers," Jay.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there on Saturday, too!

Christine (444 on LJ)

Anonymous said...

Jay, I'll even pay to have an ARC of Thirteen Reasons Why. How much? And I can't wait to hear the news. Lamy

Disco Mermaids said...

Lamy, you're family...I'll see what I can do.

- Jay

Sarah Stevenson said...

Oooh, oooh! I am so entering the contest! And congrats for...whatever the good stuff is that you won't tell us about.

Rita said...

See you guys on Saturday, hooray!! It's been too long!! :D

rita