Friday, September 28, 2007

Shop Locally -- Jay

Okay, so most of you won’t consider buying from a store in Wyoming as shopping locally. But it’s still a good thing to do!

I lived in Sheridan, Wyoming for six months (late 2002 to early 2003). While there, I worked part-time as an assistant children’s librarian and part-time at an independent bookstore. It was during that time that I began writing Thirteen Reasons Why. So if you don’t have an independent bookstore in your town, I encourage you to send your business to Sheridan Stationery Books & Gallery. Simply call them up, place an order for my book or audiobook, and they’ll mail it to you. As a bonus, I’m keeping them supplied with autographed Thirteen Reasons Why postcards, and they’ll include one with your purchase. (Of course, they’re only taking pre-orders now…so pre-order away!)

Let’s review the benefits:
  • Support an independent bookstore
  • Own a copy of Thirteen Reasons Why (book, audiobook…or both)
  • Get an autographed postcard
  • Make Jay very happy

Just call 1-888-266-5730 (toll free), or save them a dime and call 1-307-674-8080. And when you do call...tell them a Disco Mermaid sent ya!

- Jay

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool idea, Jay. And Sheridan is a beautiful place...

Disco Mermaids said...

It is beautiful. Even though I only lived there for six months, it still feels like a second home.

And the sense of community there is amazing!

- Jay

Em said...

I just finished 13 Reasons Why and absolutely loved it. It's my favorite book of the year and I'll be recommended it to all my friends. The plot was riveting, yet thought-provoking (and, let me tell you, you don't get a lot of that). It made me reevaluate my relationships with friends and casual acquaintances. Really, I could go on for days about it... :-)

Rita said...

Okay.

:)

simply_KC said...

it's just what i've been thinking of, audiobooks. it'll be different hearing it than reading it this time. i'm sure to preorder one for myself and a bunch for presents. more power to you Jay!!

Take care!!