Friday, June 15, 2007

WeWe (2 of 3) -- Robin

Please read these rules before you continue...because someone made me do this!


  1. I tend to disclose things about myself that I shouldn’t.
  2. I gave birth to my son naturally. No drugs. Just screamed my head off—Exorcist-style. My husband tells me (because I don’t remember this) that right after he was born, I looked at the clock and said, “Cool. Oprah’s on in 15 minutes.”
  3. I have a Master’s degree in Guidance & Counseling. But only because I gave up when I saw the coursework for getting my credential to be a high school counselor.
  4. I’ve climbed two “fourteeners” (mountains higher than 14,000 feet) in Colorado…Mt. Sneffels and Red Cloud Peak. Got really bad headaches. Nice view, though.
  5. I have a symmetry issue. I need my pictures hanging perfectly straight. If I ever come to your house, I will straighten all your hanging items. And I can’t stand groups of numbers that aren’t even (except numbers 3 and 5 because they make a nice bell curve, which is very symmetrical). Can’t believe I told that one.
  6. I’ve seen The Grateful Dead in concert fifteen times, but only because my husband dragged me along on his way to seeing them 65 times…dude.
  7. I have written and re-written my middle grade novel so many times that I actually have four completely different versions of the same book. I’m even more prolific than I thought!
  8. Alright, here it is…when I was 18, I won a bikini contest. No, it wasn’t the Miss Tropicana contest. It was at some cheesy bar in Atlanta and I won 25 bucks and a bottle of suntan lotion. But the cool thing was that six months later, I was at college on sorority pledge night with my snooty Big Sister, when a group of guys saw me and yelled, “That’s the girl who won the bikini contest!” My sorority sister said, “I guess they think you’re someone else.” And I was like, “Um, yeah. Sure.” (Hee hee!)

- Robin

7 comments:

LindaBudz said...

I always did think you DMs made a nice bell curve! So does the whole "13" thing drive you nuts?

Don Tate II said...

Number 7 makes me feel alot better about my writing process

JenFW said...

You've got me beat with #7, but only just.

I, for one, am glad you did this, although I would argue that you weren't made to do it, but merely invited, encouraged, urged, requested, and so on.

Cheers!

Disco Mermaids said...

Robin may not have the best internet access for awhile, so I'll answer for her.

She loooooooves the number 13. I think it's becoming her new favorite number, which I find awfully flattering. She just thinks of it as two 5s hanging out with a 3, and it's all good.

- Jay

(Hi, Robin!)

Disco Mermaids said...

Well, hi y'all! I actually do have internet access here on the plains of North Dakota. We're on our way to Winnipeg tomorrow to get on a Fantasy Island-type plane and go fishing at a lodge that isn't even on a map. Yikes!

Actually, the number 13 makes me want to hurl, but now that Jay pointed out that it's just two fives and a three, I'm cool with that.

Miss you guys! Sorry I haven't emailed you yet. (I guess I'm doing that now, huh?)

Yesterday I watched my hubby's cousin cut the horns off of an elk. More about that later...

Hugs!
Robin

Stephanie J. Blake said...

I forgot to post on Robin's. If I post first every time, it makes me look like some crazy stalker or something.

(I'm really just an internet junkie. I might need rehab, soon). Maybe I can join Lindsay Lohan while I'm in California.

I won a karaoke contest once. The prize was $100. That win led to singing at my sister's wedding. I forgot to mention I have terrible stagefright.

Ya'll better tag me with this quiz because I've never done one.

Anonymous said...

O.k., me and two friends in college won a "Howl at the Moon Contest." Don't know why they had it, but we drank a lot of tequila and knocked their socks off. BTW, one of the girls later won an "Erotic Banana-Eating Contest," with one of the funniest moves of all time. I'll have to ask the blogsters if telling the story is allowed. If it is, Evie can tell it. Also, I really like odd numbers!! Robin, maybe we need to hang out more to balance out our "issues"! Love finding these things out. Later, Lamy