Thursday, October 16, 2008

Changin' It Up -- Robin

I’ve made a few changes this week. Here they are, in no particular order…

  1. I quit my job. I start a new job in a couple of weeks, and while it’s not entirely different from my current job, my hope is that it will be different enough to make me the happiest person on the planet. Or, at least, moderately light-hearted. In my new job, I will be supervising in-home behavioral programs for children with autism. Which means I will be attending lots of training and learning how to use Applied Behavioral Analysis. (Gulp!)
  2. I bought a new pair of shoes. Normally, I wouldn’t consider that as something new since I do it so often. But my new shoes are like my food…vegan! They are an adorable pair of Mary Janes by Earth shoes and, according to the outside of the box, they’re vegan shoes. I don’t quite know what vegan shoes are, but I assume it means they aren’t made from ground beef and string cheese? How cool!!!
  3. I bought a bouquet of flowers. Usually I drop hints to my husband that it’s time for him to buy me flowers, but this week I decided to put gender stereotypes aside and give a beautiful bouquet of tulips to my husband and thank him for all his love and support. And I have to say…brilliant idea. He loved it! Now I’m thinking about giving him diamonds and perfume. Who knows, maybe even a new pair of vegan shoes!
- Robin

6 comments:

Tyler said...

Man, all the Disco Mermaids are quittin' their jobs these days.

And that was very cool and thoughtful of you to get your husband flowers...men can enjoy them too! At first I thought you meant that you bought them for yourself, and I was thinking "Umm, okay. That doesn't seem very special." I'm glad I read on and discovered who they were actually for; completely changed the post for me. Aaaand, now I'm gonna stop aimlessly rambling about my experience in reading the section of your post about buying your husband flowers. Now.

CJ Omololu said...

Wish I'd known that - I'd have come down to play this week! I wouldn't even make snarky comments about your vegan coffee choices - but knowing you even your vegan shoes are fab.

Anonymous said...

Sounds heavenly, Robin. Enjoy the transition. And, does you and Jay changing job situations mean Eve is going to get a job? Just asking. Lamy

Disco Mermaids said...

Funny, Amy! Remember, I read these comments too! Just so happens, my homeland security fingerprinting thingy came through, so I get my own classroom of kid-felons in a few weeks! Does that count as a real job? They DO actually pay me, you know. You wisenheimer!

Eve

Michelle said...

I love that you've found Earth Shoes!

You can find a great selection @ http://www.vegetarianshoesandbags.com/

And, they are running a free Shoes for a Year sweepstakes, good now through December 5.

The lucky winner gets a free pair of shoes every month for all of 2009. Entries are made each time a purchase is made, however no purchase is necessary. Anyone can go to the site to enter ONCE at http://www.vegetarianshoesandbags.com/vegansweepstakes/freeshoesforayear.aspx . They won't accept duplicate entries at this address, however.

Happy shopping!

Anonymous said...

I too got a pair of vegan shoes from Simple shoes.