Friday, October 31, 2008

BOO! -- Robin

Happy Halloween, everyone!

I’m hoping it will be a happy Halloween for me this year. I’ve been awfully sick this week with the cold/flu/plague thing I seem to get every Fall, which means I was unable to participate in the family Halloween preparations. My husband and son went to the pumpkin patch, decorated the house, and carved the pumpkins without me. Waaaaahhh! I love doing that stuff! But I’m hoping I’ll be better by tonight so I can take my son trick-or-treating…the best part of Halloween.

Every year we buy a pumpkin for each of us: a Mommy pumpkin, a Daddy pumpkin, and a Big Kid pumpkin (he no longer lets me say words like “baby”). And we each get to choose the type of face to carve on our own pumpkins. But like I said, I was sick and missed the pumpkin carving—I was too busy lying in bed, sneezing and coughing and yelling at the pundits on CNN.

My hubby and son decided they would carve my pumpkin for me, and they asked what I’d like. But I was moany and groany and said, “I don’t care. Whatever you want to carve.” So my son said he would make sure it was something that would make me feel better.

I went back to sneezing and yelling at the pundits, and a little while later, the boys called me into the living room. The room was completely dark and all I could see was my glowing pumpkin.

And my boy was right. I felt a lot better!


- Robin

5 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

Aawww... that pumpkin is too precious! It made me feel better too!

I have had that horrible sinus sickness all week too! It has literally made me not want to do anything but lay in bed and watch TV. I feel for ya.

I saw the COOLEST pumpkin book yesterday - I think it might have been called extreme pumpkins? No maybe not. I'm gonna find out. Cuz a little boy would LOVE to see the pictures. All the pumpkins were oddball and cool. And kinda gross. But fun.

Happy Halloween!

CJ Omololu said...

Awwwww! (There's really no other initial reaction.)

Hope you feel better and get to do Halloweeny things.

Suzanne Young said...

Happy Halloween!!!!!

Disco Mermaids said...

Yeah, I seem to be going for the "awww" factor lately. What's up with my sappiness!? I think for my next post I'll go for the "eeewww" factor. Moms always have lots of good puke stories!!!

-Robin

Hardygirl said...

Happy, happy. Such cute boys you have in your life!

sf