Thursday, December 25, 2008

All I Don't Want For Christmas...

(This is a repost of the conclusion to a 13-part series which jumpstarted our blog three years ago.)


THE TWELVE FORM REJECTIONS
(inspired by The Twelve Days of Christmas)

In my twelfth form rejection, the letter said to me:
Dear Author/Illustrator,
regarding (CAPS & BOLDFACE TITLE),
thanks for your submission,
we're so glad you thought of our house,
we're proud of ev'ry book we publish,
see Writer's Market for our guidelines,
due to the number of submissions,
we can't give personal suggestions,
though we strive for quick responses,
after careful consideration,
good luck in the future,
but this story doesn't fit our current needs.

So I cried for just a minute, and then
(surging with ambition)
tucked a self-addressed-stamped-envelope
into my next submission.



HAPPY HOLIDAYS
from your
Disco Mermaids

2 comments:

Sarah Laurenson said...

LOL

Looks like I'm going to have to wander through your archives.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays!

~Little Miss Loopy