Items to pack for my Disco Mermaid Writing Retreat:
- power cord…check
- iPod and headphones…check
- miniature Reese’s…check
- folded up picture of Orlando Bloom ripped from People magazine…check
- unreal expectations…check
- fear of the unknown…check
- lack of confidence in my ability to actually finish this novel… double check
Did I forget anything? Oh, that’s right. Beer.
We’re definitely going to have a productive weekend full of writing and writing only. What? Quit looking at us like that!
Tune back in later this weekend for updates/pictures/incoherent babbling on how we’re “getting along,” and by that I mean “if we’re still speaking to each other.” Which, of course, we will be. Our problem is that we talk to each other TOO much. Maybe some uncomfortable silence will do us some good. In fact, I think things might get VERY tense. Eve made me promise to bring her some toothpaste, and I really CAN’T find it. (Crap!)
Check in on us soon. And wish us luck. WE NEED IT!