Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Awake for Awards -- Robin

Is anyone else exhausted? Awards season really messes with my sleep. And this year was a “perfect storm” for losing sleep. Not only did they announce the Caldecott, the Newbery, and the Printz awards…but the night before was the Golden Globes. (The lame Golden Globes. No beautiful dresses and no Hottie McHotties to look at. Waaahhhhh!)

I was also exhausted from converting the time change to figure out what time I’d have to wake up to listen to the live broadcast of the ALA announcements. Let’s see, they’re announcing at 7:45 a.m. eastern time, so if I add three hours…no, subtract three hours…then add fifteen minutes in order to brew a pot of coffee…no, subtract fifteen minutes! Doh!

So I slept in.

Mainly, I was so tired from screaming at my television all night when anything other than Weeds or 30 Rock won a Golden Globe. I love Tina Fey (at least she won best actress!) and I love Mary-Louise Parker (she was amazing in Angels in America…and, of course, Fried Green Tomatoes).

So hopefully no children’s book awards will be announced in February when the Oscars roll around. But please, Hollywood, I’m begging…don’t cancel the Oscars. We need some Hottie McHotties to look at this time!!

- Robin

5 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

Maybe you should try to go to the Oscars this year. I heard one option is to have Jon Stewart improvise even if there's no audience.

So it would just be Mr. Stewart...and you!

- Jay

Jayson Mellom ~ San Luis Obispo Wedding Photographer said...

That's weird, Jay. You just described the dream I had last night perfectly.

;-)

Robin

Disco Mermaids said...

Why does it say "Jayson" left a comment when it was really Robin? Freaky!

If that's the case, Jay, then I'M going for sure. Jon Stewart is MY boyfriend, not Robin's. She loves Stephen Colbert now. Keep our boyfriends straight, please.

And Robin, how funny was it on Awards-Eve when we were trying to figure out what time we'd actually have to wake up?? I slept in too. Go figure.

xo
Eve

Disco Mermaids said...

Sorry, Eve. I left my comment using Jayson's blogger account on accident.
But really when it comes to choosing Stephen or Jon as a boyfriend...I could go both ways.

Robin

Heather Brewer said...

Congrats on being a Quick Pick, Jay!!!