There’s almost nothing we like more than a good children’s book writing event. This Saturday, we’re attending the annual Los Angeles Writer’s Day, put on by the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators.
A few things we’re looking forward to:
- catching up with friends we may see only once or twice a year
- hearing inspirational anecdotes from published authors (including Jeanne Birdsall, author of The Penderwicks)
- schmoozing with an editor from Hyperion (though we promise not to say, “Do ya wanna read my book? Huh, do ya? It’s really really good!”)
- learning the theme for this year’s National Conference so we can start brainstorming costume ideas (check out photos from the past two conferences in our Biggest Hits section...can you say, 3-peat!)
- seeing how our manuscripts fare in the contests (we entered in different categories so as not to compete with each other: Robin - YA, Jay - middle-grade, Eve - nonfiction)
We’ll tell you all about it when we get back...wish us luck!