just moments after delivering The dePaola Code
- - -
What more can be said about the SCBWI National Conference that my dear Jay and Eve haven't already covered? Oh, there's more. And it is this: It was EXPENSIVE! If you didn't get to attend the conference, here's all the money you saved:
- Three coffees from the hotel lobby...$18.
- One warm soda and a warm turkey sandwich (that was supposed to be cold)…$9.50 plus tax.
- A pink drink that the bartender in the lobby made up his own name for…$12 (now multiply that by five!).
- Four nights in the hotel, tax, parking, late night phone calls, late night room service, and any damage done to the room…still not sure about this one (Evie’s totaling up the bill from her credit card and I plan to secretly write her a check, without my husband’s knowledge, and never speak of this again).
- Speaking at Lisa Yee’s workshop on blogging…however much 15 sheets of paper cost that we scribbled on while driving down to the conference trying to figure out what in the heck to say!
- The look on oblivious Jay’s face when I told him that Arthur Levine stopped by the blogging workshop to check out what the Disco Mermaids had to say…aaaahhh, that’s right, say it with me…priceless.
- The look on MY face when I saw Jay soar into the sky in his saloon girl outfit, touch his toes while doing air-splits, and land on the dance floor to get “jiggy” with a girl…disgusted.
And that’s all I have to say ’bout that.