Sunday, July 27, 2008

Red - Set - Go!

Only a few more days till we head down to the national SCBWI conference in Los Angeles. For those who don't know, this is a conference for only the most serious writers and illustrators of children's books. It's a chance to learn from one another, to network, to...

Y'know what? There's no sense in lying. The Disco Mermaids go, year after year after year after year, to have fun! And the height of that fun is reached Saturday night during the afterhours theme party. This year's theme is Paint the Town Red. So here's a li'l behind-the-scenes scoop on how we're planning to make fools of ourselves this year:

Here's Robin adjusting the color of her footwear:

Here's Jay researching "moves" on YouTube:

And here's Eve making sure...um...making sure her costume smells good:

8 comments:

Lisa Yee said...

I suspected there would be feathers involved this year.

Stephanie J. Blake said...

The excitement is building!!!!!!!!!

Laini Taylor said...

Awww, boo hoo hoo! Not going this year. So sad! Please write all about it, and put up pictures! (Wah!)

Disco Mermaids said...

We'll miss you, Laini!!!

And we're planning to put up photos every night.

**Ahem** Planning to...

- Jay

Chris Eldin said...

I was wondering how I'd find you....
;-)

Anonymous said...

I was fine not going to LA until I saw the feathers.
Sigh.

Suzanne Young said...

I got it! I can read the subtle hints. I'm a very clever girl.

The coke can!! Yep. It's red. It could possibly be designed with feathers... red sequins... okay. Nevermind. I don't think that's it.

Rita said...

I like these photos. hahahaha. That last one could be an author pic!