Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another Way to Get the Chills -- Jay

When I got home last Saturday, a package was waiting on my doorstep. Inside was one of the coolest things I’d ever seen. Not only was there an autographed copy of Brooke Taylor’s debut teen novel, Undone…but on the back of the book was my very first blurb!

Why is it so cool to see my name on someone else’s book? I don’t know, but it is! When I showed my wife, she got the chills, too.

Along with a copy of the book, there were several bookmarks and postcards, such as this…


The full blurb reads: A beautifully intense story. Brooke Taylor hooked me with the very first line and never let go.

And to whet your appetite, here’s that first line: Kori came with a warning label—a black T-shirt that read: DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR ABOUT ME.

What’d I tell you!

- Jay


Dork Admission: Yesterday, I was in a bookstore and stumbled upon several copies of Undone on the shelves. I showed off my debut blurb to a few shoppers…completely forgetting to tell them about my own book one aisle over!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just completed your novel a few days ago...very powerful! Then I listed thirteen reasons why everyone should read your novel on my blog!

I know this is a young adult novel...but...every teacher, every parent should read Th1rteen R3asons Why.

Now I'll look for Undone...book recommendations are very powerful method of advertising...it's the reason I read your novel

Rachel said...

Hey Jay!

Posted our pic on my blog like promised. It was great to see you!

Jen Robinson said...

Hi Jay

I think it's that someone respected your opinion enough to want to put it on a book. I would get chills, too.

And your dork admission made me laugh out loud.

Brooke Taylor said...

Your dork admission makes you all the more awesome!!

Thanks so much again and again!!!

My Dork Admission: I was so excited to see my gorgy postcard and bookmark mockups and so hypnotized by your blurb in that awesome font, that I didn't even realize my own name was spelled wrong until it was too late, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Dorks unite! It's so good to know that even a Schmooziphile can have his dorkish moments.

Charlie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first in-print book pimpage. May many more follow. And may Undone reach even more buyers because of it. It looks like a fantastic book, and it's definitely on my to-buy list.