Thursday, August 07, 2008

Final Photos from SCBWI

One more pic from Jay's workshop on suspense. Do you recognize the book he's reading? It's only the greatest tale of suspense ever written!!!

Laura Rennert, agent to two Disco Mermaids, hosted a get-together in the X Bar for her clients, many of whom were meeting for the first time. Cool authors! Even cooler agent!!!

This is the crew we hung out with through most of the conference. At least, it's as many as would fit at one table for the Golden Kite luncheon.

See y'all in less than a year!

8 comments:

Suzanne Young said...

Wow, from that angle, it looks like a table of very well respected authors. lol.

Tyler said...

Just goes to show how true the saying "Looks can be deceiving" really is.

Rita said...

The Monster at the End of This Book is one of my all-time favorites. Nice one!!

:D :D

Anonymous said...

It was nice to have dinner with you all on Sunday night. Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jay - great to meet you...and glad to be included in the hip table...if only briefly. Maybe I can ratchet it up at the next conference. Congrats on your success. And great to meet you...oh wait...already said that.

Aannyway. Next year. I bring a costume.

(I'm Bill - the tall guy in the grey T-shirt)

kathleen duey said...

I realized, by not being able to go, where my real family reunion is every year....

Laura and I got to have a long breakfast as BEA, but I would love to have met everyone else...

There must be pics here of the D.M.'s on Sat. night? I will go look...
love,
k

Anonymous said...

More photos from the gala on my blog I finally got around to vomiting out! www.thetornpaige.blogspot.com

Laura said...

My first LA conference!!
It was nice to meet you all. Next time I would love to hang out more and hear about your work... and share some inspiration! or drinks! or inspiring drinks!
: )