Thursday, August 14, 2008

Disco Blurbmaids

Dilemma: We don’t want to start reviewing books on our blog, yet there’s a new book all three of us fell instantly in love with. You might say we frequently sing its praises!

Solution: We won’t review the book…we’ll blurb it!

While this book has already received a wonderful blurb by someone named Meg Cabot, we decided to offer our own little nuggets of applause to Robin Benway’s debut teen novel, Audrey, Wait!


But first, here’s how the book is described on its jacket flap:

EVERYBODY’S SINGING, “AUDREY, WAIT!”

Audrey Cuttler’s life hasn’t been the same since that song, “Audrey, Wait!” hit the airwaves. All she wants to do is go to concerts, hang out with her friends, and maybe score a date with the cute boy who works with her at the Scooper Dooper.

But now, her ex-boyfriend’s song about their breakup is at the top of the charts and she’s suddenly famous! The paparazzi won’t leave her alone, the tabloids are trying to make her into some kind of rock goddess, and the Internet is documenting her every move!

Will Audrey ever be able to have a normal life again? Get ready to find out, because it’s time for Audrey to tell her side of the story.
And now for the blurbs:

Robin Benway did three things with this story: She. Rocked. It.
- Robin Mellom

When I first heard the premise for Audrey, Wait! I was almost too afraid to start reading it. I thought my hopes were way too high. Turns out, I could’ve set them even higher.
- Jay Asher

Robin Benway, brilliant! Just like when I come across a new tune I need to play over and over, I finished Audrey, Wait!, then flipped back to the beginning and read it all again.
- Eve Porinchak

Run, don’t wait to get your hands on Audrey, Wait! You’ll wonder why you didn’t run faster! Then you'll wonder why you don't run through bookstores all the time. It's so much fun!
- Robin Mellom

If you mix up the letters and punctuation in Robin Benway Audrey, Wait!, you get A Brawny, Auditory Newbie! Coincidence? I think not.
- Jay Asher

I laughed, I cried, I became one with Audrey, Wait! But mostly laughed. My new favorite book!
- Eve Porinchak

Not only do Robin Benway and I share the same first name (which makes me that much closer to being cool someday) but we also share a love of music. And Audrey, Wait! makes you want to write a love song to her as the author for writing such a fantastic book. So fantastic that I had to read it even when American Idol was on. Seriously…it’s that good.
- Robin Mellom

You know that song "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen? And you know how that song is so fun, but it’s really hard to figure out which part is the most fun? Audrey, Wait! is just like that!
- Jay Asher

I LOL-ed so many times my stomach hurt. So real. So quick-witted. So wish I had written it first!
- Eve Porinchak

Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
It won't just tickle your funnybone...
it'll rock it!

6 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

Y'all are so cute! And dog gone it!!! Now I have at least two more books I've gotta read --

Undone and Audrey...

Oh where is the time?

Ali said...

OK, you hooked me: Give me a week or two and I'll review it.

Rhonda Helms said...

Okay, you've totally hooked me, and I have to get this book.

Also, I'd kill to have cover quotes like these...ROFL. The running-through-the-bookstore one made me snort out loud. hahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

You GUYS! I'm blushing! Thank you so much!

And I would hereby like to always be known as a A Brawny Auditory Newbie! Time to change the birth certificate.

You 3 are just lovely...

Disco Mermaids said...

HaHa! Brawny Auditory Newbie? Man, I wish I could be that witty. Seriously, I snorted coffee on that one.

If you scramble the letters in "Jay Asher Thirteen Reasons Why" I wonder if it says,

I'm so freaking funny I should be a contestant on Last Comic Standing!

Eve

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I LOVED this book and I just LOVED Audrey (and Victoria and Jonah and James). I am also completely envious that Audrey has such cool parents.

Only one thing that bothered me--what was with the weird typesetting problems? Did anyone else notice those?